Hospice Organizations: A Key Piece of the Patient Care Team
Area clinicians refer to Old Colony Hospice because they know we are a seasoned, hospice organization that will provide exceptional care to their patients. For over 30 years, we have been providing caring, compassionate hospice care to patients and families in the 40 Massachusetts cities and towns in our service area. We are a free-standing, non-profit, Medicare certified, accredited health care organization that provides the following services through a core staff of registered nurses, social workers, counselors, volunteers and hospice aides and nutritional consultants:
To be able to serve our patients not only in their homes but in anyplace that they happen to call home, we have contracts in over 30 skilled nursing and assisted living facilities, as well as five acute-care hospitals. We also are able to offer physical, occupational and speech therapy through contracts with area industries.
Here are some other facts about Old Colony Hospice.
- CHAP accredited since 2001.
- In 2007, Old Colony Hospice received a commendation from CHAP on the Veteran Volunteer Program.
- Old Colony Hospice is now recognized as a We Honor Veterans "Recruit" Partner
- Provides care for all end-stage diseases, including but not limited to cancer, heart disease, lung disease, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's disease, AIDS, kidney disease and other life-limiting illnesses.
- Is covered under Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross, Harvard Pilgrim, Tufts and other HMOs, and most private insurances.
- Provides visits from nurses, social workers, hospice aides, volunteers, spiritual care for end-of-life issues, and bereavement support to the family for the year following the death.
- Pays for medications and equipment delivered directly to your home.