Old Colony Hospice has multiple positions for an off-shift RN.
1) RN- 4pm - 8pm on weekends.
2) RN 4pm - 8pm Monday - Friday (some weekend and holiday commitments)
This position works with the team to provide expert hospice care to our patients after hours and on weekends to ensure that all patient needs are met.
Duties of the after-hours (4p-8p)/weekend nurse include, but are not limited to:
- Providing a caring compassionate presence during times of acute change or routine care needs.
- Providing specialized pain and symptom management in collaboration with the team, primary care physician or medical director.
- Collaborate with the primary physician and/or medical director and other personnel of changes in the patients’ needs and outcome of the intervention.
- Determine the frequency of visits or changes to the level of care based on the acuity of the patient needs.
- Coordinate patient /family services and prioritize needs with the members of the team, consult with and educate the patient/family/caregivers.
- Maintain and complete all documentation in the electronic medical record or on paper, in accordance with any applicable agency, federal or state regulations.
- Coordinate services and Educate patients/families/caregivers regarding disease process and end of life needs.
- Share in providing on-call/continuous care coverage when necessary.
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Driver's License (Required)
- 1-year of nursing experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion and to work effectively as a member or part of an interdisciplinary team
- Must have knowledge and understanding of applicable federal, state, and local hospice, Medicare, Medicaid, HMO regulations, as well as HIPAA and other regulations protecting personal health information of patients
- Must be a team player, able to maintain reliable attendance and be flexible