Old Colony Hospice is hiring for multiple Hospice Aide Positions for the Ruth McLain Hospice Home in Braintree, MA.
- Part Time - 11pm - 7:30am
-Part Time - 3pm - 11:30pm
- Part Time - 7am - 3:30pm
There are weekend and holiday coverage requirements.
The Hospice Aide is responsible for providing personal care and designated homemaking services for assigned patients and families while delivering hospice care wherever the patient calls home. This position requires reliable transportation and may be asked to assist with patients in the community as assigned/requested.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide direct patient care consistent with the written instructions and/or as assigned including bathing, oral hygiene, nail/skin/hair and foot care, pressure relief, dressing and feeding, transferring positions or locations; report to the charge nurse upon arrival and before leaving a skilled nursing facility
- Assist patient with prescribed exercises, with ambulation and repositioning as may be part of the plan of care or as directed
- Provide light housekeeping duties such as: changing the bed, doing patient’s personal laundry, tidying the patient’s room, doing the patient’s dishes, and keeping the kitchen and bathroom neat and clean after use
- Prepare and serve meals to the patient and/or prepare food to be served later
- Maintain appropriate communication with the Hospice Nurse, the Hospice Aide Scheduling Manager, and the Clinical Manager on a daily basis. this includes checking telephone messages, texts, and emails every morning before your first visit and in between each patient visit.
- Maintain timely and accurate documentation.
- Respectfully communicate with the patient, family, or caregivers.
- Must be a team player and able to maintain reliable attendance and have flexibility with changes to the daily assignments.