Hospice Information for Patients & Families
Hospice information can be valuable for patients and families at any stage of illness. Whether you are interested in payment for hospice, medical facts or community resources, you have come to the right place. Old Colony Hospice is proud to be a trusted hospice resource for you and your loved ones.
General Hospice Information
Articles & Videos About End of Life Care
- Patient Centered Care and Human Mortality
- PBS Frontline Video - The Way We Die
- The Cost of Dying (video) - 60 Minutes
- Article in the New England Journal of Medicine "Early Palliative Care for Patients with Metastatic Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer"
- NPR broadcast: "Quality of Death, End-of-Life Care in America: Inside Out"
Note: In Spring 2009, NPR did a five (5) part broadcast on quality of death/end of life care.
- Improving Care for the Dying
- NHPCO Commentary and Position Statement on Artificial Nutrition and Hydration
- Hospice Foundation Patient and Family Information Center
- Massachusetts Advance Directive: Planning for Important Healthcare Decisions
- Advance Directives Information
- Emergency Planning-Pandemic Flu
- Hospice Payment - How the system works