Community Resources and Links
General Hospice Information
Articles & Videos About End of Life Care
- Patient Centered Care and Human Mortality
- PBS Frontline Video - The Way We Die
- The Cost of Dying (video) - 60 Minutes
- Article in the New England Journal of Medicine "Early Palliative Care for Patients with Metastatic Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer"
- NPR broadcast: "Quality of Death, End-of-Life Care in America: Inside Out"
Note: In Spring 2009, NPR did a five (5) part broadcast on quality of death/end of life care.
- Improving Care for the Dying
- HIPAA Privacy Notice
- NHPCO Commentary and Position Statement on Artificial Nutrition and Hydration
- Hospice Foundation Patient and Family Information Center
- Massachusetts Advance Directive: Planning for Important Healthcare Decisions
- Advance Directives Information
- Emergency Planning-Pandemic Flu
- Hospice Payment - How the system works