The Season of Giving
The Season of Giving – How You Can Make a Difference with an IRA Rollover by the end of the year or a Gift of Stock
IRA ROLLOVER EXTENSION – ACT NOW – DEADLINE 12-31-2013
The federal government has enacted legislation that allows you to make tax-free distributions from your IRA to a qualified non-profit organization like Old Colony Hospice and Palliative Care if you do so by December 31, 2013.
This opportunity exists for those individuals that meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Donors must be 70 ½ years of age or older
- IRA Transfers should be made directly from the account administrator to Old Colony Hospice and Palliative Care (EIN 04-2793637)
- Gifts may total up to $100,000 this year
The benefits to you:
- The chance to help others with this wonderful gift by providing resources to offer comfort to those on their end of life journey
- Satisfy requirements for annual minimum distribution
- Avoid federal and, in many cases, state income taxes * [state and local laws may not provide the same benefits – consult your tax advisor]
Checks should be made payable to Old Colony Hospice and mailed to:
Old Colony Hospice
One Credit Union Way, 4th Fl
Randolph, MA 02368-4633
Often, the end of the year we are all taking “stock” and find that there is an opportunity to provide support to a worthy organization like Old Colony Hospice and Palliative Care through a donation of shares in a company that you currently own.
This, too, can offer you tax benefits and with all transactions of this type you should consult your tax advisor to determine the best option.
To donate stock, please have your broker contact our office at 781-341-4145 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for the detailed account information and instructions.
Old Colony Hospice is the leading non-profit provider of hospice and palliative care in southeastern Massachusetts. We are celebrating 35 years of providing compassionate care one day at a time. For more information, please visit us on-line at www.oldcolonyhospice.org